It Doesn't Have to be Difficult
Oct 17, 2023
1 min read
Amplified via Lens
- Baldism (https://www.baldism.org) isn't a perfect religious philosophy - but it could be. That's the reason why the Holy BJBLE is a living book that can be altered by on-chain governance annually during the Council of Aiea (10/13-12/21) - By living the philosophy and figuring out what works and what doesn't - we are crowdsourcing a religion for the next period of human civilization. It is silly by design - but the basic tenets are not.
- First: We all are already connected with the divine (or whatever you want to call it - nature, instinct, the universe, the Big Is, etc) and there is no need for outside authorities or intermediaries to 'interpret' i.e control the meaning for us. This is why there is no formal declaration of what it means to be a dick. The one commandment is simply 'Don't be a dick' and that definition is left for you (and everyone else) to determine individually.
- Second: If you listen to that inner guide not only will you stop being a dick, but you will also stop doing 'bad' things. (bad for you, others, the planet) and as a result you will start doing good things. It will be impossible at that point for you not to help your fellow beings to stop doing bad things and start doing good things because your very existence will be promulgating others to do the same.
- Third: Creativity in all of its forms connects us with a different level of existence than thought, action, emotion. We must unify mind, body, and spirit - by using our bodies in healthy ways (walking, yoga, getting outside), using our minds in healthy ways (meditation, communion with others, contemplating reality), and using our spirit in healthy ways (creativity - art, music, wonder) - we make that process smoother.
- Finally: There is no hierarchy in Baldism. No popes or priests or saints. There are people. Then there are ideas who we have manifested as people - Bald Jesus, Satoshi Nakamoto - but these are not people who will stand on a pulpit and tell you what to do. If they were/did - they would be worthy of being ignored.