Registration has now closed! Create an account on t2 to stay in the loop for the next writing cohort.
Friends who write isn't your typical writing contest — it's a celebration of friendship, knowledge, and individual creativity.
While your writings might diverge, the goal is united: encourage and support one another to cross the finish line. While you are at it, dive into our Discord server and virtual mingles to expand your writers circle.
This contest is not just about the finished essays, chapters, or papers you craft, but a collective spirit of seeing things through, of putting aside time to focus on your writing even with everything else going on in the world. This is where friendships deepen and every word counts towards a shared triumph.
🏆 Prizes at a Glance:
- Completion Prize: We’re championing the steady writers — consistency counts. Teams where every member submitted for a minimum of 3 weeks are automatically entered into a raffle to win a group trip to a destination of your choice (up to $2,500 in value)! You can also share the cash.
- Impact Prizes: We appreciate teams that make a splash! Teams with the most read posts (measured by total Time Points generated from all your submissions in November) stand to win the following cash prizes.
- First Place: $1,500
- Second Place: $750
- Third Place: $250
- First Place: $1,500
- There is no limitation on the prizes you can win, so you could be rewarded for both consistency and impact for the same submissions.
Ready for a full month of writing adventure? Here’s everything you need to know.
🌍 How to Join?
- Complete the official registration form⬅️. Every team member must fill out their own registration with the same team name.
- Writers can register from all corners of the globe.
- You must be 18+ to enter the contest.
- You must register as an accountability team of 2-6 members. Find new writing pals in our Discord.
- Stick to one team! If you wish to change teams, both your current and new groups have to update their registration. Participants registered on multiple teams will be disqualified, but the remaining members will be unaffected.
- You will each receive an invitation link to set up an account for t2.world within 48 hours of registration. All submissions must be made through t2.world.
- Familiarize yourself with all the rules, terms, and guidelines laid out in this post before you begin.
📚 Writing Rules:
- There are a wide range of topics you can submit under. These topics are grouped into Territories on t2.world and cater to every kind of writer. You do not have to submit all your entries to the same Territory every week. Your team members can even submit to different Territories from one another.
- Publish at least one post every week in any Territory to remain in contention for the Completion Prize.
- All posts which meet the submission guidelines below qualify for the Impact Prizes automatically.
- Up for more? Participate in additional contests across Territories to be eligible for bonus prizes! We will share additional contest details here as they become available from our partners.
🖋️ Submission Guidelines:
- Language: English
- Each post must be at least 1,000 words.
- All participants need to join the t/FriendsWhoWrite Territory so that we can track your submissions.
- All submissions need to be posted to an appropriate Territory by each submission deadline to be considered as valid entries. You could publish in t/FriendsWhoWrite as well.
- Follow the steps in the image below to publish to Territories:
- You can submit almost anything: essays, short stories, thought pieces, blog posts, excerpts, and any other non-fiction or fiction post you can think of. Check out some of our Territories for reference.
- The goal of this challenge is to write something new and publish it in the same week. Please do not submit work that has been published elsewhere.
- Ensure your submission is original. Copyright infringements and AI-generated content will disqualify your entire team.
📅 Circle These Dates:
📣 Winner Announcement Date:
Join us on December 7 as we unveil the winning teams. Keep an eye on your inbox for an exclusive invite to our live stream!
🤫 Privacy Terms:
- Whatever you write stays yours, always. But hey, if we're super impressed, we'd like the opportunity to showcase your work in our promotional bits, always giving you a big shoutout as the author.
- Want to retract a post? That's okay, but it'll be excluded from prize considerations.
- Your privacy is important to you. We won't share, sell, or hand over your details to anyone else without a heads-up to you, unless there's a legal reason.
- By entering Friends who write, you'll receive handy reminders, announcements, and maybe some tips and tricks along the way. If ever you feel like tuning out of some of our emails, no hard feelings! There's an 'unsubscribe' button, or you can just tell us directly.
- We'll keep your details safe and sound during the contest and a little while after, just for wrap-up tasks. After that, we'll give them a fond farewell. Your amazing stories, though, will still be discoverable and readable by others, should you choose to keep it on t2.
- As you will be also using t2.world for the contest, please read and agree to our Terms of Services and Privacy Agreement.
- We're using some third-party software like Discord or Gather.town for our workshops and hangouts. Do give their privacy stuff a quick read and remember to only share what you're comfy with.
- Want to see what info we have on you? Or maybe tweak or delete it? You've got the power! If you've got questions or need to make changes, drop a line to me, Wanshu, at [email protected].
- Updates: These guidelines may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our practices. You will be informed of any significant changes.
💖 Community Safety Rules:
- Be kind and respectful. Let's keep this space supportive and uplifting. You know the drill: treat others as you'd like to be treated. It's all about celebrating creativity and friendship!
- For any sensitive and NSFW content, please put: CW-[THE TYPE OF SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the first paragraph of the article.
- Remember to keep personal details like your address, phone number, or other private info to yourself. We're all friends here, but online safety comes first.
- We love passionate discussions about writing, but if a chat gets too heated, let's take a step back, breathe, and approach things with understanding.
- If something or someone feels off or if you notice someone breaking the groove of our positive vibe, let us know. We're here to help and ensure everyone feels safe and welcomed.
- Our workshops and hangouts are great places to bond! But if you're ever planning to meet an online buddy in person, always tell someone and meet in a public place. Better safe than sorry!
- Make sure your software's up to date, and be cautious of suspicious links. We'll do our part to keep things secure on our end, but a little extra caution never hurt!
- Feedback is golden, but remember to deliver it in a way that's constructive. We're here to build each other up, not tear down.
- Every writer, every story, every background – they're all unique and valuable. Let's celebrate our differences and learn from one another.
💡 Queries or concerns? Ask question below in the comment section or reach out to me directly at [email protected]. I'm here to help you and your group.
Best of luck, and may your pens flow smoothly! ✍️
Head of Growth